Page Created On: 11/1/2014 12:04:37 AM for Titus2 Cookbook :: how to cook club steak?
welcome to:

Cooking

Home Page

how to cook club steak?

Replies to this thread: 5

how to cook club steak?

By: quietheart   on  2/24/2004 1:54:25 PM

I have some meat in the freezer from when my parents ordered a half beef from an organic farmer/rancher they know. Anyway, one of the packages is labeled club steak. I am not sure what I should do with it. The organic meat tends to be a lot tougher than regular grocery store meat, so I might need to marinate it or cook in a way that would tenderize it. Thanks!

how to cook club steak?

By: Kat2   on  2/24/2004 7:01:11 PM

I looked on the web and it said that a club steak comes from the loin of the cow and the cuts that come from this area are among the most tender and most expensive cuts. I can't tell you how to cook it, but I thought you might feel better about the steaks knowing this.

Kat

how to cook club steak?

By: ricsmom   on  1/21/2009 8:10:27 AM

iwas given half a cow for christmas and there is a lot of club steak. i have never heard of it and don't know how to prepare it. can you help?

how to cook club steak?

By: Deanne   on  1/25/2009 9:20:48 PM

Club steaks are delicious - my favorite cut of meat!! I believe they may be a strip steak with the bone left in, but not sure about that. Cook as you would a t-bone, strip, or porterhouse.

I like to bake mine with plenty of salt and pepper, but DH prefers his broiled.

In my experience, grass fed beef is leaner so I cook it somewhat slower. Just be careful not to dry it out! For example, I cook grassfed hamburger meat at a slower temperature so the meat will stay juicy.

how to cook club steak?

By: Deanne   on  1/31/2009 1:08:38 PM

I need to make a correction to my last response. A club steak is a bone-in ribeye. Sometimes called a "cowboy ribeye" around here. They are wonderful - that part I didn't need to correct!!

how to cook club steak?

By: silvercityranch   on  2/3/2009 9:56:23 AM

Crock Pot Cube Steak and Gravy

2 lbs cube steaks
salt
pepper
garlic powder
flour (for dredging)
1 (1 ounce) package onion gravy mix
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups water

Directions
Salt and pepper the steak to your liking, then dredge in the flour. Fry steak until brown and place in crock pot. Add water, soup, and gravy mix.
Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.

Cube Steak and Gravy
• 2 lbs cubed steak (4-6 pieces)
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1/2 teaspoon butter
• 1 cup flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
Directions
In a bowl or plastic bag add flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Add cubed steak in flour mixture and coat well.
Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add cubed steak and brown on both sides for 15 minutes.
Remove cubed steak and drain grease out of pan, leaving some dripping grease in pan.
Add can of mushroom soup, water and heavy whipping cream or milk to the pan drippings and mix well (you may need to add more liquid).
Add cubed steak back to pan and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. (may cover with lid if you want to). Turning cubed steaks once during simmering.

Enjoy!!!!!

Thank you for your post. We will review and then approved it if it conforms to the board posting guidelines! Close. You are being redirected to the main forum page now.

Post Reply To: how to cook club steak?

Subject:  
Welcome to the Forums!
Username:
Password:
Create Titus2 Account!, or don't remember your login information?

Having a Problem?
If you have been experiencing an error or a problem with the forums, please let us know!

Search Text:

Browse By Tag
Privacy Policy